Thursday, May 5, 2022

April 28 Sunset on Honeymoon Island

Thursday afternoon/evening:  I've skipped over quite a few days (from Sunday until Thursday). Let me quickly fill in that blank.  

I SLEPT all the way home from Savannah back to David and Carol's in Tampa. Originally, David had planned to "swing by" Jacksonville and walk that beautiful beach Sunday morning/afternoon. However, both of us concluded that I was too weak to do much walking and David suggested that we just go "home." I very gladly agreed. When we arrived at about 5pm, Carol had a yummy dinner all laid out for us--she is really something! After dinner is when we administered the COVID test that came out positive. As bad as that news was, I was glad to at least have some explanation as to why I felt half dead!

I slept the rest of Sunday evening and ALL of Monday (on their extremely comfortable couch). I notified close family of my diagnosis and sadly found out that Terry had been sick all week too. He ran a COVID test and came up positive as well! Oh no! Ruthanne tested negative but felt lousy as well, so I was concerned that she might have the plague once again (but she did not--whew!). Terry talked to David and promised to overnight Fed-Ex a pack of Ivermectin to us. It arrived 14 hours later at 10am Tuesday morning. I took a tablet (with plenty of water) and then slept another four hours until David (and Terry) prompted me to sit up, walk around, take a walk outside--anything but lay down! So I followed their instructions even though I didn't want to. They were correct, though, in knowing this would help and not hurt me. I began feeling better within the hour!

Wednesday, I did walk down to the pool where I "waded" and got an hour's worth of natural Vitamin D, and Thursday I did much the same thing. I tested positive once again for COVID, so we knew I still had to be polite and not infect the entire Florida population. 

However, David had a very good idea for Thursday! We would drive over to Honeymoon Island, walk the beach, grab a bite to eat, and then watch the sun set. We did it!

This is ONE of David's favorite beaches and he walks here a LOT. I'm glad I have these pictures of where he spends his happy time ...
The sand here is SO soft and white and almost like powder!
We hadn't really walked perhaps a mile before I just couldn't keep walking (due to COVID). Thankfully, David brought a beach chair and I situated myself in a little shady area (helped along by my hanging towel) and enjoyed the sights while David continued to walk to the very tip of the island.

Beautiful, yes? Only God can create such wonderful stuff!




David walked to the far end of the island and back to me and it was only about 6:00 ... so another two full hours before the sun would set. We happily decided to take a little drive over to FRENCHIES and fill our bellies. Thankfully, we were able to eat outside and "socially distanced" (My how I hate those two words). We ordered a bunch of yummy appetizers and then drove back for the sunset. I'll just run those pictures without much comment ...





This dolphin drew a crowd. He was very actively feeding! I tried super hard to get a GOOD picture of it, but again failed. It was fun trying though!

The elusive dolphin heading out to sea (below) ...
Such a beautiful night! 

No comments: