Monday, February 15, 2016

Last THURSDAY at the Children's Museum

 Last Thursday afternoon, I met Brendan and Kelly over at the Children's Museum. Kelly then left to do some CSM clients and Brendan and I played and played!
 We visited the worker bees ...
 Some of them were sleeping ... but others were working.

 We did some LEGO building. Brendan is a very adept builder!


 We headed over to the giant bubble machine ...


 And the bubble pools too ...

 This child can be SO intense ...


 Brendan played explorer for a little while with his binoculars ...

 He climbed and did some physical stuff ...


 And then we spent a great deal of time spinning all of these tops ...

 Notice the tongue action ... it helps to get those tops spinning just right!


Brendan has a cold. A runny nose and the sneezes ... but he is still sweet even when he is sick. As I was buckling him into my car after we were finished at the museum, he had a big sneeze and his little nose was SO red. I made a very sad face and told Brendan my heart was sad. He looked SO grieved and asked, "Why is your heart sad, Grandma?" So I responded that his little "nosey" was sick and he had a cold and so I was sad about that. Immediately, without one second's hesitation, he took his arm and wiped his runny little nose (!!) and put a big smile on his face and said, "See, Grandma! My nose isn't sick any more!" He did not want MY heart to be sad. 

No comments: