Sunday, March 18, 2018

A few random pictures ... but important!

Below is a picture of three of the NICEST ladies ever. They are sweet through and through.
Left: Bernice Heron  Center:  Carol Holtzhouse !!  Right: Doreen (Carol's sister)
 Bernice is my brother David's mom-in-law. She lives with them about seven months out of the year--and they are wondering if she will just stay put in Florida instead of returning to Michigan for the summer months (as she usually does, and then she lives with her other daughter, Doreen). Bernice has had a rough couple of months, since around the holidays. She is now on oxygen 24/7 due to diminished lung capacity. Her potassium levels have been too high and necessitated a hospital stay several weeks ago to try to bring that down, along with regulating her heart, etc. So ... this is hard stuff. I am praying God will continue to be gracious to her with His peace and presence and healing.
Carol is my sister-in-law. She completely stole my name (except her middle name is NOT Jean)! I have never had opportunity to spend much time with her. She and David have always lived out of town. I have missed out to be sure! What a do-it-yourself-er! She is incredibly talented with decorating and fixing things up on a very respectable budget! She is so creative. 
 Carol and David work together to make their house a home. They have been married now almost 38 years. They are friends. They have given each other 100%--it's never been a 50/50 with them. I like just observing how they handle life together--it's quite a lovely picture actually. They have five children together and they are dedicated to having a healthy relationship with them and their families.
 They sacrifice for each other and seem to really enjoy each other. I'm so glad for them.

I need to say a word about Doreen (pictured at the top). She is Carol's sister, four years older (just like MY sister and I!). Doreen is SO gentle, SO genuine, SO kind. I feel jyped that I have not known her, that she has not been in my circle of friends. I have missed out! Doreen is an RN who lives in the Detroit area. She and Carol have taken good care of Bernice. All three of them are sincere, courageous and godly women. It was such a privilege to spend time with them. Thank you, Lord.

No comments: