Sunday, March 18, 2018

Day Five in the Sunshine State

Thursday, March 15:  I've messed the order of these pictures up--it is really quite inconsequential being that so many of these locations look so much alike. We'll try to ignore my mistake and just press on.
 Remember me saying I wanted to see one of these bridges open up? Well, I got my wish!





 Pretty cool, huh?
 And we actually saw another one open the very same day! This time for another beautiful sailboat!








 And the THIRD bridge was for this barge and Coast Guard boat! These are not at all the same bridge, mind you. Ha! It's super hard to tell them apart--but these are THREE different bridges.




 I'm pretty sure the pictures above were supposed to go with Day Four ... sigh ... but moving on ... this is actually where Thursday begins!







 This is where we ate lunch Thursday, a rather late lunch, but so worth the wait. I had the shrimp and David had the fish (I forget what kind of fish), but we swapped it out and enjoyed both, plus onion straws for an appetizer--yum, delicious!
 I'm pretty sure the restaurant was called Frenchys. Yes. I just looked it up! We were super stuffed afterwards and happy right down to our toes.
 We had really hoped the weather would allow us to go back to Egmont Keys Light, which is out in the Gulf. We had visited there via ferry seven years ago. It is a beautiful little place and the lighthouse is much prettier than at Anclote, plus you can get right up to it! But the weather DID NOT COOPERATE, so we decided to meander about the Intercoastal once again and admire the "stuff" of the rich and famous. I love architecture and I love house plans ... but a house does not a home make! I will take my little Beach House any day on earth, where I have been safe and at peace for almost six years now. So thankful for the blessings my little place has brought to me.


There are hundreds of these "canals" off the Intercoastal. It was so much fun to explore them. 
 I was hoping this beastie was the real McCoy ... but alas, it was only a fake! Wouldn't it have been so interesting if it were alive? My boys would have died from envy I think. As it is, I'm going to have to go home and tell them I did not see a single alligator! Bummer.

 We returned (reluctantly) to our dock to find all of our pelican and other bird friends.
 Poor Hank looks like he swallowed a shoe or a can or a box ... poor one!
 His friends were not very sympathetic about it either ... "What on earth, Hank! Couldn't you just be satisfied with fish? Goodness!"
 Elmer and Frank decided they didn't want anything to do with Hank! He had made himself ridiculous and that was all there was to it!
 As for me, I sure hope Frank was able to some how digest whatever it was he ate. Poor one.
 Following is a whole bunch of bird pictures. I can't help myself. I don't know anything whatsoever about birds, but aren't they so beautiful and interesting? God is so awesome in what He has created. I just love Him for all He has made.
















No comments: