Sunday, March 18, 2018

A very special last day of vacation

Friday, March 16:  How the days have flown by. My brother, David, flew out this morning very early with a group of folk doing a short-term medical missionary trip to Granada. Carol took him to the airport and then she had to work, except first she had to take her mom for an appointment. Thankfully, I had contacted one of the dearest friends I have ever known who lives FORTY minutes away from Tampa!
 This is my college roommate, Robin. We met in August 1971 at what was then Grand Rapids Baptist College. I walked into my dorm room and there she was! She introduced herself, said something hilarious, and I knew I had met a true soul mate, a friend for life.
 Robin and I figured out it had been EIGHTEEN years since we had laid eyes on each other. Robin had come to Grand Rapids for a memorial service for her dear husband, Scott. She had Hobbs (!!) and a few of their kids all came over to my house in Belmont and we spend about 4 or 5 hours playing catch-up, eating dinner, and enjoying each other (even though the occasion was sorrowful). 
 It is impossible to be sad when with Robin. She is a true comedian ... but more than that, she is a kindred spirit. She gets it. She understands deep wounds. She is an excellent listener.



Robin is all of that but along with it, she is one of the funniest (seriously!) people I have ever known.
 I LOVE THESE PICTURES OF HER!
 I will always love Robin special. I can't find words to really explain what she means to me. Such a blessing. Such a love. I was SO refreshed being with her. We talked a solid SEVEN HOURS! I'm not sure when we breathed!
 This is Robin's husband, Jeff, and he is as sweet as Robin has described him. I'm so glad for her.

Robin and I have pledge NOT TO LET EIGHTEEN years go by without seeing each other again. Perhaps we can even make it an annual reunion! I would so love that.

No comments: