Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Be it ever so humble ...

Sunday, March 18:  ... there's no place like home. 

I arrived home to my Beach House at about 12:20 am Saturday morning. I had decided to take the day to settle back in, unpack, do laundry, and go through the 669 pictures I took while in Florida. I told the kiddos that I would have them over Sunday afternoon.

Sunday afternoon finally arrived! I baked some chicken and rice, we ate watermelon and grapes, and had ice cream cones for dessert. Yum. I was somewhat surprised when all FOUR kiddos decided to come over, and I was SO glad.
 Kaity-Girl gets the majority of my attention when all of the kids are over. It's just the way it is when you are only five I guess. The other kids are beginning to realize it's the best we can do. So I hang out with Kaity, and the other kiddos kind of do their own thing(s) around here.
 Above is "Mildred Joyce" "Millie" for short. She was at Meijer's on a Clearance Rack set apart from the other stuffed bears. Millie was priced at $3.99 whereas the other, prettier-colored bears (with cute ribbons) were priced at $5.99. I was telling Kaity that Millie was looking terribly sad being all cast aside by herself, so I brought her home with me so that we could love her for awhile. Kaity was very glad about this. We even "borrowed" a little sweater from one of our other stuffed animals so that Millie could warm up.
 Matt and Chris usually bring their electronics, either their phones or video games, and they do a bit of that. Matt still builds with my toys and spends some time in the play room, but Chris doesn't do that very much. He mostly comes to eat! That's just fine with me. I love the boys and realize they are growing up faster than I can almost keep up with. Matt will be 13 in just a few weeks. THEN I will have THREE teenaged grandkids. Yikes.
Kaity requested that we paint for awhile, so we did. She was very intense about it today too. She picked out a picture of a cheetah from my Melissa and Doug animal book. We decided to paint it together. 



 Chris and Matt shot some hoops--they are getting really good at this ...
 And what a super nice surprise that Emma decided to join us today too. I love her so! She is practically 16 now--in fact, this year is her GOLDEN BIRTHDAY and her Sweet 16th all rolled into one! I'm going to have to really make it a special celebration some how or other.

Kaity also colored and cut out a cartoon-ish puppy. She was very proud of it. 
I love these grandchildren. I have had no greater joy in my life than being a grandma. I'm so thankful.

No comments: