Wednesday, March 21, 2018

My cuddle bug baby

Monday, March 19:  Kelly had clients this morning, and Dylan had to go into Acton, so I got to go to their house and play with baby Aidan for the morning. YES!
I only took a few pictures of him today. I was too busy playing. I have something to tell you about wee Aidan ... 
When I first came through the door at 9:00 a.m., Dylan was holding Aidan and told me he had just woken up. Aidan was grinning, ear to ear, and reached out for me--so I took him and sat down on the floor. This sweetheart snuggled up, laid his head on my shoulder, put his chubby little hand on my back, patted my back for awhile, and made the sweetest baby sounds. Every now and then he would lift his head and look at me, smile, grab my boat necklace and suck on it, and then lay his head back down. I gave him a nice back rub and massaged his head and neck and shoulders and talked sweet nothings in his ear. 45 minutes went by like this before Aidan decided it was time to finally really wake up and eat some breakfast. He was still quite sleepy in these pictures, but what a love he is! He is on a totally gluten-free, dairy-free, peanut-free diet due to his allergies. His folks have lots of nice foods for him that he CAN eat and he enjoys it very much. After breakfast, we read a bunch of his favorite books until Kelly came home at noon. You should see Aidan light up the sky when he sees his mama! Love, love, love.

OH! And I don't think I have made any formal announcements yet ... but in JUNE, three months from now, almost exactly, dear Aidan baby is going to become a big brother. AH! I think this tiny boy will be quite surprised by a tinier person than himself in this household ... but he has a very loving family and will survive it, I'm sure. I'm dizzy with excitement over another grand baby ... perhaps it will be my 3rd granddaughter, or possibly my 5th grandson! Either way, I am super thrilled.

No comments: