Tuesday, February 12, 2019

A gift of love

Wednesday, February 6:  We were wrapping up our time at GWL when Kelly reminded Brendan that he still needed to go down to the store to pick out a bracelet and have a name engraved on it. Last year when they were all there, Brendan got HIS name engraved on a bracelet--so this year, Kelly suggested that Brendan perhaps pick out one for his brother or his sister ... 


But Brendan decided to pick out one for his Grandma Carol! We went down to the store and spent some time looking at all of the possibilities. We ended up picking out this blue and white leather bracelet because Brendan's favorite color is BLUE; plus, the design on this bracelet reminded him of his swimming trunks.

We took our choice over to the lady at the engraving counter to have my name put on the bracelet. I wish I had snapped a picture of Brendan watching the lady, looking at me, watching the engraving process, and then helping me snap on this treasure. His beautiful eyes were so FULL of love I could scarcely keep myself from tearing up. I'm not sure I've ever been given a gift with this much love attached to it. I regard it as one of my highest treasures.

No comments: