Thursday, February 28, 2019

An extra-busy Wednesday

Wednesday, February 27:  Kelly has new office space for her massage practice--that's good news! But their regular Wednesday and Thursday morning care-person hasn't been feeling well, so I was asked to come over and take care of the "tinies" this morning. Aidan was already napping when I arrived, so I just watched baby Erin for awhile.
 She's been running a low-grade temp for a day or so and drooling super much too. When I had the chance to see inside her little mouth, I did notice some teeth breaking through in the back (top).
 She clearly was not her smiley little self. She is such a polite baby, that she will usually smile back whenever she is smiled AT ... but I could not get the tiniest grin out of this poor dear. She was clearly not feeling well.
 I did get to cuddle up with her on the recliner and sing her to sleep, hold her, rub her soft face and little back, listen to her sighs, smell her sweet skin and generally enjoy a little piece of heaven for two hours ... so ... clearly I received blessings from this tiniest grandchild, who was very pleased when her mama came back home. 
 I skipped over to Schuler's and worked on my Bible study in between watching Erin and picking Brendan up from school at 3:00. 

After Brendan and I visited our new fish friend, we drove over to the Beach house. We weren't able to come here last week because the roads were slippery ... so it was nice to be back here in our familiar territory. Brendan plays so nicely here. He is not difficult to entertain at all and almost anything interests him. He made some totem poles out of my window stickers and placed them inside Kaity's window illustrations.



 We also played with LEGOs for quite awhile and read more of "Exodus", the beautiful picture book I have. We talked more about how God wants us to believe His Word and obey Him, and some of the promises we can claim if we do that.
We also watched "Wild Alaska" to check out many other of the great things "God has made", Brendan was careful to point out. I'm so thankful Brendan's faith is growing and that his heart is wide open to God's Word. 


No comments: