Sunday, February 17, 2019

These two on sleds

Saturday, February 16:  The plan was this ... I would pick up Brendan over at his place, drive to Kaity's place, drive two doors down from Kaity's house to the sliding hill and slide for an hour or two before driving to MY house.
 This is what actually happened. I picked Brendan up at the scheduled time. He and I talked all the way to Kaity's. We picked her up--she was ready set to go--we drove to the hill with our sleds, climbed to the tippy top and ...
 Kaity refused to go down!
 Not even without a sled and just on her snow pants!
 She said the hill was a lot higher than she remembered!
 I couldn't believe my eyes ...
 Brendan, on the other hand, had been zooming down the hill a few times at this point ...
 ... and lugging his sled up up up the hill to where Kaity was patiently ... standing ...

 Brendan asked her what the problem was ...
 "The hill is TOO high, Brendan!"
 So they tried the smaller hills ... but they really weren't steep enough to send anyone sliding ...
 I finally talked Kaity to taking just ONE zoom down the hill in her sled. She refused to wear mittens or gloves (Brendan wasn't wearing any either--"We don't need mittens, grandma!") ...
... and since Kaity was going SO fast down the big hill, she reached out her bare hands to slow her speed ... and ended up skinning her wrists and a few of her fingers up, drawing blood even. Sigh. (Trust me, my heart ached over this). That was the end to our sledding adventure. I coaxed Brendan OFF the hill (which took quite a lot of coaxing), Kaity got a few bandages from her house, we loaded up the sleds, and went to my house. The entire escapade lasted 20 minutes. 

No comments: