Friday, February 15, 2019

Plan B for Wednesday

Wednesday, February 13:  I packed a bag of games and other items when I left to do my errands today because I was scheduled to pick Brendan up at 3:30 and wasn't sure the roads would be "good" enough to bring him all the way back to my house. We've had quite a bit of snow over the last week or so and I'm not keen about driving in it.
 In my bag, I packed the puzzle I had purchased at Great Wolf Lodge. Brendan hadn't seen it yet! We ran a few errands and then landed over at Baker Book House where we assembled our colorful and rather large puzzle. Brendan was SO pleased.
 He put most of it together himself and had so much fun remembering his time at the Lodge last week.
 We also played Connect Four, and Klutz Football--which was kind of loud to play inside a bookstore, but we did it anyway. Brendan loves a good game. He's such a nice person to spend time with. I rarely feel any pressure to "entertain" him as he is such a contented little person, and interested in just about anything whatsoever. I brought Hildy (my stuffed hamster) in my toy bag and took her out to entertain us. Brendan absolutely loves it when I animate my stuffed animals. So we did a bit of pretending together.
 I also brought my Story Cubes along and we made up stories about Great Wolf Lodge using the cubes to direct us. We had a lot of fun together ... and then we went to my favorite place to eat--Culver's, where I devoured six fat and yummy shrimp. Brendan had his usual butter burger with cheese, plus chocolate ice cream for dessert.
I love you, Brendan dear. I'm so thankful I get to be your grandma.

No comments: