Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Brendan is SEVEN!

Sunday, February 3, 2019:  Who would EVER think that I would be invited to spend four days and three nights at GREAT WOLF LODGE?!?!? You see, GWL is Brendan's idea of a DREAM birthday celebration. Since his folks are tremendously kind people, they decided to DELIVER and give this sweet boy a multi-day birthday party!

Brendan and I drove together, him in the front seat, entertaining me with his delightful conversation all the way to Traverse City. We stopped a little north of Cadillac for a burger.
THIS, is the lobby at GWL, looking down from one of the balconies. 
 Since Brendan and I arrived ahead of the parents and babies, we hung out in the lobby for awhile. Brendan gave me a pretty thorough tour of the whole place ...

 I had no idea this place was quite SO ... other worldly!

 I felt like I was visiting another country almost!
 I love LOG homes and the decore was wonderfully warm and inviting ...


 The babies and parents arrived and we got to do some coloring and exploring while they were checking us into our room ...
 See Brendan's wolf ears? Brendan's were extra special because HIS ears had a birthday hat attached. All the GWL workers would say "Happy Birthday" to him whenever they walked by. It was super nice.
 Baby Aidan ... he was less than "awed" by his strange surroundings, but very "into" his careful art work. He is such a cutie.
More GWL to come ...

No comments: