Sunday, March 3, 2019

An unusual Saturday

Saturday, March 2:  10:30-3:30 I was care-taking for the O'Pahman kiddos. This had been arranged a week ago, but since I hadn't written it down anywhere, it had completely slipped my memory. Thankfully, I had messaged Kelly the prior night about a different matter and she reminded me of my prior commitment. SO ... these pictures are ALL of Aidan. But ... Brendan was there too, as was baby Erin. I'll tell you about them a little bit later.
 These pictures of Aidan were all taken immediately after he had gotten up from his nice, long nap. He is always super happy to see his old grannie (me) and we always have a delightful time together. Mostly because he is such a cut-up ...
 His sense of humor bowls me over ... he is the cutest little boy ... and his belly laugh is the BEST.
 Here he is playing a game of peek-a-boo with me. 
Oh! Where is Aidan Paul? Oh my, there he is!

 He did this about 100x and never lost his joy over it.

 I can hardly contain myself when I am with him ... isn't he so funny?



 He kills me ...
 Look at this little cherub face ...

So, as I was saying, Brendan was home too and he and I DID get to play a game of snakes and ladders, and we started a game of chess but then Erin woke up and would not be consoled (poor dear). It was about this time that I joined the ranks of all of the morons in the world who have some how, some way managed to "drop" their phones into the toilet. I know. We won't EVEN talk about it.

But, Erin did finally fall asleep in my arms and I was almost miraculously able to put her "down" without her waking back up! She slept from 12:40 until her folks came home! Yes! You see, she is teething and just feels out of sorts. She isn't crazy about me either. I'm not taking it personally whatsoever. We will work it out and be just fine. Dylan and Kelly came home 20 minutes early, having spent a few hours at a conference in Holland where Dylan was the keynote speaker. That's quite an honor. And there was a book signing for him too. Very nice. Good job, Dylan.

No comments: