Thursday, March 7, 2019

Our Wednesday time ...

Wednesday, March 6:  I can hardly believe that I spent a few hours with this dear boy without ever snapping a single picture! Yikes. What is this world coming to?!?!?! 

So ... I'm posting an earlier photo, I think from late January ... just so that when I tell you about our time together, you don't have to wonder WHO I am speaking about. 

I picked Brendan up today at 4:15 at his appointment. I was early, so I got to play with Aidan--who had the entire waiting room in stitches with his antics--for a full half hour before Brendan came out and we went to my car. SO ... double bonus! PLUS, I got to see little Erin looking much much happier today (she's been teething) with her adorable smiles and sweet little heart.

Brendan and I had to go directly to the Knapp Corner AT&T to meet my friend, Robin, who was arranging a replacement phone for me due to the little embarassing water incident over the weekend that ruined my lovely iPhone5 (which was gifted to me by another dear friend). Finding another phone that was affordable became my friend, Robin's, quest and she delivered in the wonderful way she always does! Brendan came into the store with me and was careful to look around using ONLY his eyes and NOT his hands. We were able to finalize all of the phone transfer stuff and we were on our way to my house by 5:15--whew. That did NOT leave us much time for play!

We were hungry, and I had French toast on the menu. I asked if Brendan would like to crack the eggs for me. We pulled over a chair to the sink, he climbed up, and very nicely cracked four eggs into the bowl I had sitting in the sink. Then he wisked them up! THEN I added some milk and vanilla, and he stirred them all together very nicely. We got out the cinnamon bread, he soaked them in the egg mixture and stacked them on a plate, waiting to be fried. I heated up the grill and just could NOT bring myself to let Brendan do that actual cooking--I am always worried about him getting a burn. I hate burns, they hurt for SO long. Anyway, the French toast got cooked, cut up, layed with butter, cinnamon, and syrup ... and then we ate! While we were eating, I read "Rickie & Henri" (Jane Goodall and Alan Marks) to Brendan. It's a TRUE story, which I think are very delightful. Brendan LOVES a good story. This one was about a little chimp whose mom was hunted, killed, and then HE (Rickie) was captured. However, he was also rescued by a nice man who had a sweet dog named Henri. Rickie and Henri become good friends and the story ends happily with Rickie being brought to a sanctuary where he could live with other rescued animals. Henri also got a new friend at his house, another dog. We like happy endings around here. We also read "A Reel Fishy Story" and "Piglet is Entirely Surrounded by Water" by A.A. Milne. These stories were very short but hey, you cannot go wrong with Winnie the Pooh!

I'm glad we got to do this together, because directly after we ate and read, we had to start on Brendan's homework. We did his math page, which was all factors of 10--addition and subtraction. We read his History piece about the Punic Wars. AND we did his word search which was super hard this week because his teacher included diagonal words!

On our ride back to Brendan's, he sang, "My Favorite Things" because they are learning it in his Music Class at Trinitas. They already have studied "Do-Re-Me" and he sings that one very well too. 

It's always GOOD to be with Brendan. He is a precious soul, from head to foot! I love him immensely and so so thankful to be his grandma.

No comments: