Sunday, March 10, 2019

The creek ...

Saturday, March 9:  Not far from the sledding hill, just across the railroad tracks and down a hiking path is Mill Creek ... or is it Stoney Creek? I'm never sure! 
 And what is MORE FUN than hiking in the woods on a snowy day ... OR better yet (if you are a child), throwing ice and snow off a bridge into the laughing brook below?
 These two!
 They had such a blast on this bridge.

 I did pretty okay NOT panicking or scolding about them perhaps falling IN ... I could just picture HOW much colder I would have to get in order to retrieve them ...
 ... the creek is NOT deep, perhaps knee-deep ...
 Brendan and Kaity heaved snow, ice, and anything else they could find into the creek ... how big a splash could they make?



 Aren't they beautiful children?

 Oh my word ...



 Afterwards, we had pizza and hot chocolate at my house ...



So thankful for this wintery night ... 

No comments: