Friday, March 29, 2019

An unusual Wednesday

Wednesday, March 27:  I usually pick Brendan up from school on Wednesdays. Today, Dylan and Kelly had a parent/teacher conference with Brendan's teacher, so they asked if I could watch the kiddos during that time. It was a beautiful afternoon, so the kids and I just hung out on the playground over at the school! Look at the two babies in their deluxe "Cadillac" stroller!
 Look at Aidan's happy little face--oh my! And darlin wee Erin! She kills me. Her darling little smile and beautiful eyes. I love her to pieces. Brendan is sharing his siblings with Lydia, one of his classmates--who, by the way, is one of TEN children (the oldest being 12 years of age). She told me she is #5. I mentioned that it must be very fun to have so many brothers and sisters! She responded in the negative, not in a bratty sort of way; just honestly speaking!
 Brendan showed me all of his playground stuff. He loves to climb and slide and play. He is not afraid to try anything whatsoever. 
 When conferences were over, Brendan and I came over to my house. Brendan played with Legos while I heated up some supper for us. THEN we had a bunch of homework to do: Math, spelling, history facts, etc. Brendan worked very hard at all of it. He is the dearest little soul. Too soon, it was time to get in my car and drive back to his house.
 Brendan has a high appreciation for music. I have a good variety of both children's music, praise music, hymns, etc. When my player got to the song, "Awesome God," we both bellowed it out quite loudly as I drove. We repeated that song over and over and over. When we arrived in Brendan's driveway, he asked me: "Can you play it one more time, Grandma?" Naturally, I did!


I love this dear child so much it hurts sometimes. I love his dear heart. I love his great sense of humor. I love that he has very detailed conversations with me. I love that he is interested in everything under the sun. I love that he loves to learn new things. I love that he is wonderfully curious. I love that he is sensitive and kind. So blessed that I get to be his grandma.

No comments: