Saturday, March 23, 2019

Reunited with Kaity-Girl and Matt

Saturday, March 23:  When I walked into Kaity's house this afternoon, she literally FLEW into my arms with a joyful shout: "I missed you SO much, grandma!"  I told her that I missed her TOO much and was so glad to see her! We hugged for a very long time. It was wonderful.
 Kaity had some very good ideas all planned out ahead of time for what we would do tonight. We had her backpack full of some "extra" tracks and accessories she had laying around her house and decided that we were going to build a "really BIG track." Yes! I just love to play with her like this.
 Above is just some of what we built. We also got out two sets of blocks and constructed some housing for the people and the little baby figure Kaity brought over. She had a whole story going with the train, the boats, and the house. Her imagination was very active tonight. It was a delight to watch and listen and participate in her playtime. Thank you so much, Lord!
 After our dinner, Kaity BEGGED (I'm serious!) to help wash dishes; so we did it as a team. These pictures are after our dishes were all washed ... Kaity is getting all of the soap suds out of the sink.
 She is very thorough about her cleaning, and she enjoys it so much. I got her a pair of purple gloves to match mine. She is very pleased to wear them too. 
 And then we returned to our playing ...

Dear Matthew was here tonight too! I was SO GLAD to have him join us. It's a rare thing that a teenager will willingly spend time with his grandma. I appreciated him so much. 
 Matt and Kaity played for a little while on my computer's PhotoBooth, making silly pictures of themselves, etc.

 I love you Matt and Kaity. There is nothing so wonderful as being your grandma.

No comments: