Friday, March 29, 2019

Five very active hours ...

Thursday, March 28:  What a beautiful spring day! I took Kaity over to Rogue River Park to run out some of her energy. It's the first time we have been to a playground in 2019! Kaity had a blast. She has SO MUCH ENERGY!
 And look how happy she is!

 This kiddo plays with a lot of GUSTO. She is really something!
 Look how HIGH she swings! No fear!
 I just HAD to take a peek in the woods since we were right THERE ... everything is pretty dead still. Not much that is beautiful to look at ... probably my least favorite time of the year. But give it a few weeks, when the buds start forming and leaves start to grow and blossoms are blooming, and I will be delirious ...




 Kaity met a few other children to play with, but she basically just gave herself a full work-out.
 I love these happy smiles she gave to me!

 Kaity! You are such a delightful little person. I love you so much!
 It was actually 61 degrees! We could hardly believe it!
 When we arrived at my house, we played with various objects for a little while, blew up a couple of balloons, played with some of our camping toys ... but then Kaity decided to design a layout. When she gets out the railroad stuff, she finds a friend in her grandma--not that I am so stuck on trains or anything--but I like to build. What's nice about these wooden trains--especially on a hard wood floor with this much space available--you can make your track different every single time!

 Kaity uses every single available track and train car that I have. She doesn't miss a single one!


 This week, she used my blue baby blanket as our lake. She got out my shell turtle (Terry), along with the pretty stones I purchased while up north. She made a nice beach area with the lighthouse and the ferry boat! We made a lot of bridges and tunnels, testing each of the tunnels out to see if there was enough height for each train to go under--she never runs out of different plans or ways to make the track connect. I love playing like this with her. It is very fun for me!
But then it was time to go back to Kaity's house. She is always a bit reluctant, claiming that we didn't get to "do anything!" But I try to rehearse with her ALL the fun stuff we DID get to do, and she relents! See you Saturday, Kaity!

No comments: