Saturday, March 23, 2019

Back to the USA and up to Daytona

Tuesday, March 19:  DAY EIGHT

Today was pretty much a travel day, from midday on at least. We actually hung around the island for the morning, checking out the marina one more time, and then we ate at the Hamburger Hut and drove to the airport. Our flight to Miami wasn't until 1:00 in the afternoon; but since we had to go through customs, etc., we arrived at 11:00.
 David situated me in a window seat (super kind of him) and I was mesmerized the entire hour we were in the air ...
 My seat was right above the wing, however, so it made taking pictures rather awkward. These were taken with my phone actually.
 I hope I can crop them and use some of these awesome cloud pictures on a card or two, matched with some beautiful Scripture of God's greatness and being above the heavens, etc.
 I love heights. I love to fly (once I'm up, that is).



We had a very decent flight, and then we located Dave's truck on the ramp at the airport and began our 4.5 hour journey up to Daytona Beach ... because Wednesday we planned to go and visit the Ponce de Leon Lighthouse! I cannot wait!

No comments: