Friday, January 17, 2020

January 15

Wednesday:  I'm not completely healed from this horrid cold, but I felt good enough to spend a few hours with Brendan this afternoon. He is such a precious little guy. He's pretty intense when he comes over to my house, and always a little bit disappointed that I don't have a video game system. Sigh.
 However, it doesn't take him very long to recover and search out something interesting to do. He decided to fashion my race tracks after his Mario Kart video game. We raced cars for quite while ...
 ... even in the dark!
 Matey joined us for our meal. We fed him some banana, and he did try a bit of our rice and chicken. We did NOT feed him any chocolate cookies, though, because I have read that chocolate isn't tolerated well by budgies.

 Mr. Matey tends to be rather aggressive at the dinner table. We have to constantly keep him out of our dishes and bowls and cups and silverware ... but all and all, we have no complaints! Seriously!
 Brendan is super interested in making stuff these last few months. Thankfully, I have a lot of paper, tape, glue, scissors, and he just takes off and makes ... stuff! We tried making some Origami airplanes for awhile and although a few of them LOOKED pretty cool, they did not fly very well. Brendan told me that was not the point. They did not HAVE to fly--they just had to look good. I told him it would be nice if they could accomplish BOTH ... I couldn't quite come up with an origami plane that flew worth much of anything.


 Matey kept us company as we folded and taped and put stuff together. He is rather fond of eating paper, which is actually annoying--especially when the paper is attached to a nice book!

 Brendan decided to create a chapter book, rather spontaneously. He worked SO intensely on it! Yikes. He is a really super patient kiddo. 


 It was fun to watch him go at it. I love him so much. He is not your "typical" almost 8-year-old boy ... but then ... what is "typical" anyway? I love him for who he is!
Thank you, Lord, for the few hours spent tonight with Brendan. I loved every bit of our time.

No comments: