Friday, January 31, 2020

January 30

Thursday:  Kaity came with her backpack prepared for my house today. She brought Baby Lily (naturally) AND two of her new LEGO figures from her new treehouse LEGO set--we already have an identical set here at my house. Kaity brought her two LEGO characters over to meet MY two LEGO characters ... and ALL of the characters played together! It was a happy occasion, enjoyed by one and all (including the First Mate who is perched on the LEGO tub).
 I'm so glad Kaity enjoys LEGOs. It was very small for the designers to make sets for girls, don't you think? Not that it HAS to be that way or anything, but Kaity really enjoys being a girl!
 Baby Lily got a new diaper made for her this evening. We made it out of some soft fabric that I had laying around. Kaity seemed pleased, and I am assuming (!!) baby Lily does too.
 We also spent quite a bit of time designing a birthday card for Kaity's cousin, Brendan, who turns the BIG EIGHT on Monday. I got out a bunch of my art stuff for Kaity and she went to town!
I forgot to snap a picture of the finished card before we taped the envelope closed, so I'll just tell you about it. We used all of my farm stamps and made a nice homey picture for Brendan and then Kaity colored some of it as well. On the front of the card, Kaity used pretty stickers, and then stamped: "To Brendan, From Kaitlynn" Nice work, Kaity! This was so fun to do with you tonight!

No comments: