Friday, January 24, 2020

January 23

Thursday:  Kaity-Girl and I played for a very long time with Legos this afternoon and evening. I have a few sets that I keep high up on shelves that the little kids cannot reach--I have a lighthouse set, a treehouse set, and an everything set with lots of people, etc.
 Sometimes Kaity will play and play with these cool sets, making up stories and everything. It's very cool to watch her be SO focused and interested ... and stay that way for a prolonged period of time!

 Legos are very worth the money spent on them!
 Matey watched us for quite awhile as we played ... we had his cage on the same table where we were playing.
 Look how long Matey's tail feathers are!
 Kaity always has the upper hand with this little bird, although I will say that tonight he gave her a run for her money! He's been in a little bit of a funk the last few days, rather agressive with his sharp little beak! He's especially bothersome when I am eating and if allowed (as opposed to caged), he will rather agressively taste my food right off my plate! Trust me, I feed him his own food quite liberally!

 But as always, the kiddos are good friends for our First Mate. Children are so amazing with animals, aren't they? I learn a lot just from watching them.
I have a lot to be thankful for in my life. It's such a joy to be retired and able to give the best of my time to be with my little ones. The children are growing up so fast. I pray that they will know the Lord, as Father and Savior, and Lord of their lives.

No comments: