Sunday, January 19, 2020

January 18

Saturday:  Kaity and I hung out for a few hours this afternoon--our usual Saturday afternoon routine. Except, truly, with KT nothing is ever exactly the SAME. She's an interesting little person. I failed to take very many pictures today while she was here--just these four quick snapshots!

But I did finally show KT the numerical transformers, just to see how she would do with them. They are advertised for ages 3 and up. Let me tell you, there is not a three-year-old in all the world who would be able to figure out HOW these numbers transform into vehicles, robots, and other things. KT was very diligent with every single number and she figured them out--not perfectly, but ... she is quick and seemed to enjoy the challenge. 

THEN, she requested to take a bath, so we made it a super-duper bubble bath with a ton of toys to keep her entertained. She really DID need to soak off a bunch of dirt anyway, so this worked out. We washed her hair, and then it took me 35 minutes to comb all of the knots and snarls she had accumulated while she has been sick. I usually use a LOT of cream rinse on her hair and then towel dry it, sit her in my chair by the computer and put on an entertaining video for her to watch while I section off her hair a little bit at a time and comb it through. 
 We also ate some boiled egs, sausage and other stuff together, and played a game of Trouble.


We had some puppet fun, but then it was time to get going. It was snowing hard, the roads were slippery, and we needed to get KT home. Emma was sick and wasn't able to spend the night--the first time in many months where I have been alone on a Saturday night. I came home, watched the 2nd episode of "The Crown", Season 3, and went to bed with "Ben Hur." 

No comments: