Thursday, January 30, 2020

January 29

Wednesday:  Brendan remembered my NUMBER transformers today and wondered where I had put them. I showed him where they were back in the playroom. He decided he would make the 2nd robot that involves putting 5 of the numbered transformers together. I was SO impressed with his patience and calm persistence in understanding the pattern and pictures, etc. He did an excellent job.
 I introduced Brendan to "Battleship" today and we had a most interesting game of it! You see, about 10 minutes into it, Brendan decided he just could NOT stand the anticipating of NOT knowing where my ships were, so he made it a habit of sneaking around the table with his hands over his eyes and then peeking at my board! It was actually funny, but I wasn't sure how to get him to stop doing it because he was SO bent on looking at my pieces and then getting a hit. 
 If we ever play it again, I'm going to have to tell Brendan that we have to stick by the rules. It's a bad habit for me to allow him to blatantly break every rule like this. We did have fun playing it, but ... I should have clamped down on him before I did. You see, he kept sneaking around the table with his hands over his eyes telling me not to worry because "he couldn't see" when in fact, HE COULD SEE! Ha! 
 Anyway, after Brendan WON the game of Battleship, he went back to building his robot ...






 Brendan has a very active and sharp little brain in his head ... there is a LOT going on in there ...
He almost got the five numbers combined into the robot, but he decided to take a little "break" while we played some foosball, and then we forgot to get back to it. I put it away and kept the parts together that Brendan had so painstakingly figured out. He'll probably finish it next week. There is only FIVE days until Brendan turns EIGHT. For some reason, my heart hurts to think of him turning eight already ... time goes by too quickly, doesn't it?

No comments: