Monday, September 13, 2021

September 11 Kaity, Emma and Belle

Saturday:  As you can see from the photo below, we have had some changes happen around the Beach House. Beginning today, Emma has become a temporary resident here. We had to make space for her to live here with me, so we moved some stuff around to accommodate. Whatever was possible to take from the toy room, we moved into the piano area. I'm not sure it shows in this picture very well, but our piano is now in front of the window instead of against the wall. Jesse was able to move Emma's bed here later in the day--so now she is not sleeping on an air mattress--and hopefully will have a better night's sleep. Kaity wasn't sure WHAT to think about all of this, and I don't blame her! 


And look who else is here with us at the Beach House? Emma's little cat, Belle!
Belle is a very well behaved 12-year-old cat. She weighs slightly under eight pounds. She has made herself quite comfortable here.


Kaity and I played LEGOS for awhile ... but Kaity wasn't very interested in playing very much else. We did watch some of "The Incredible Journey" after our dinner tonight.
We finally talked Kaity into trying to learn the game Pachisi (the name of this game is pretty much synonamous with the American version of the game we grew up with, Parcheesi). Emma, I and my brother played it and had such fun! Kaity lasted about twenty minutes and declared that there were TOO MANY RULES and plopped on the couch with her phone to play video games. 

These three pictures are of the girls doing a little rhyming game, the words of which I cannot remember. I'll ask Emma and then add them in later.

Today marked the 20th anniversary of 9/11. I watched some really interesting news clips from the commemoration. I especially liked what former president Bush had to say about the America he remembered--full of gracious and brave people who were a lot more united than what we are today. I didn't watch a bunch of old clips about the actual attack--too gruesome--and I remember that day very well. Still hoping for Christ's return THIS year--wouldn't that be wonderful?

PS  Matey-Bird is still on "vacation" over at Shelley's house with her three birds: Max, Alex, and Gus. They are all great friends. I have plans to drive down to Detroit Friday afternoon and bring Matey back home on Saturday. We will cautiously introduce Matey and Belle ... and hope for the best. It is difficult to say what exactly will happen ... perhaps they will become friends!

No comments: