Wednesday, September 15, 2021

September 14 Simple Joys

Tuesday:  I missed these kiddos last week while I was with David! They have a TON of energy and it's pretty nonstop when they are here--and I am truly exhausted at the end of each Tuesday--but I would not trade it for anything. I got two new little pull-back trucks last week while I was with my brother in Grand Haven. Aidan has mentioned really wanting an excavator for his next birthday. Neither truck is an excavator, but I got a shallow bin, filled it with "bean" and small rocks, added a few LEGO people and ... voila! A homemade quarry! 

The kids messed around with it for awhile--but none of them would agree to taking a turn and allowing just ONE child at a time to play--which is what would work best. Oh well. Perhaps on a day when all three of them are not here together, we'll have better success.

Emma played with the children for awhile today too--yes! She got our my rather old marble run set and demonstrated how to make a good run. Brendan remembered playing with this in the past--I know he and Kaity build marble runs together awhile ago. Aidan had never seen this toy and he just about flipped out. He is a very intelligent builder, this little kiddo ... and very intense about it too. He figured out the system in a flash and built some very interesting marble runs.
Brendan pleasantly played with all of the parts and made a very decent marble run too. Brendan is an excellent builder.


Here is Aidan, banging away at my piano in between blowing his hair out of his eyes ... he kills me.
Erin was very glad to see me today. When I picked Erin and Aidan up from their pre-school, she charged through the gate shouting my name and jumped into my arms. Way to make me feel loved, little one.
Brendan was pretty intense about the Hot Wheels tracks today. He had something very elaborate in mind--but the little cars just would not cooperate and do what he wanted them to do on his track.
Aidan and Erin played car wash with the little cars for quite awhile. They also enjoyed meeting Emma's cat, Belle (not pictured) ... later in the day (after Emma had gone to work), we were looking everywhere for Belle and COULD NOT find her. So we had a game of hide 'n seek. Belle won! We never DID find her!

We did art for a very long time at this table today. I am SO thankful these guys like to draw, paint, and make stuff. I ordered another paper airplane book--this one has 66 models to make mini paper airplanes. Brendan folded five models and flew them all over the house. He really enjoys making things and he is good at it too. I'm so thankful for these simple joys of life.

I asked Erin to smile for her picture ... okay then, silly girl!
This is one of the mini models Brendan made today.
I drove the three kids home by 5:45. Kelly brought home pizza (from Buddy's!) and we enjoyed a meal together. Thank you! Little Callaghan had a tough day with his mama gone all day as well as his nanny. Plus, Dylan and Kelly said he cut 3 or 4 molars last week and was very miserable about it.
Look at his darling face! He is the sweetest little person.
Thank you, Lord, for strength to carry through this day. Thank you for the JOY of knowing You!

No comments: