Saturday, September 18, 2021

September 16 with Kaity

Thursday:  Kaity let me know (via text) 10 minutes before I picked her up this afternoon that Friday is "Spirit Day" at her school ... and could I possibly make sure she has a green and gold outfit, as well as matching outfit for her beanie-boo (named Blueberry)? Yikes, Kaity! This is Homecoming weekend for Comstock Park. Christopher is a senior this year and plays defense on the varsity team. Kaity was very excited about the pre-game parade, the pep rally, and the game.

Thankfully, when I picked Kaity up at Jesse's I told him about the green and gold outfit thing, and he said he would collaborate with Diana about that. Kaity and Blueberry came over and we got into my sewing bin and found some green and gold material to make Blueberry an acceptable outfit to wear to school tomorrow with Kaity and be part of "Spirit Day". 

We played a VERY long game of UNO, which Kaity finally won! We ate a nice meal too. Kaity was happier today than I have seen her in the last few weeks. I was really thankful I could spend a few good hours with her today.
I snapped a picture of the house where Kaity lives half-time--this is the house Jesse rents from his good friend, Scott. 
Kaity has been invited up north with her two best friends for the weekend--so I will not be seeing her Saturday. It worked out quite well, actually--because I am driving to Detroit tomorrow to pick up Matey-Bird from my niece, Shelley and then driving back Saturday. Emma and I need to finish emptying out her room over at Jesse's after I get back to Grand Rapids--so it actually helps that Kaity will be elsewhere.

No comments: