Friday, September 24, 2021

September 23 with Kaity

Thursday:  I picked Kaity up from Jesse today at 4:00. We headed over to "my" library to return books and choose more. Kaity enjoys this, and I am so glad she does! It's a rather speedy process when Kaity is with me--instead of the slower-paced brousing through books that I usually do--but Kaity always picks out good books! We even found a few Mo Willems (Elephant & Piggie) books that we hadn't yet read! Yes!

A random picture of "Belle"
lounging on the soft chair under the table ...

This is the bell set outside the library. Kaity played me a little tune as we were leaving ...

The fish tank inside the library ...
When we got to my house, we worked on Kaity's math homework. I was able to help her along with most of it until we got to the two problems at the bottom of the handout. We were supposed find the sum of 486 + 123 (which we knew how to do) = 609. But here is where we were/are stuck -- "Use patterns to help justify your answer." Use patterns? How on earth? Kaity didn't know what that meant either. She had missed two days of school this past week (illness) and wasn't in class when this was explained. Perhaps I can convince her to bring her math book home so that we can study this and figure it out together.

We also messed around with PhotoBooth--always a fun thing if we haven't done it for awhile. I like these pictures of Kaity, Belle and me. We originally were trying to get Belle to pose and then we were going to edit some funny "effects" on her face ... but Belle was NOT going to be used in this way whatsoever. NO WAY. 

Here is Kaity making some silly faces at ... herself!

 We also played two games of Foosball with the exact same score for both games--Kaity 9, Me 8. We ate a good meal together and had a very nice night ... thank you, Lord!

No comments: