Saturday, September 11, 2021

September 6 Good-by Mighty Mac!

Monday (continued):  Leaving the upper falls, we took a wrong turn somewhere (shock!)--well, actually it wasn't a wrong turn, it was my stubborn insistance that we NOT turn where David indicated we should. So instead of taking 45 minutes to get back to the bridge, it took us nearly 90 minutes--but hey--the scenic route is always good, right? The last 20 minutes or so of our drive was right along the western shores of my favorite Lake Michigan, and we were able to get some really good views of the bridge!


We stopped at a little outlook where I took more pictures ... the seagulls were absolutely certain we had arrived just to feed their bellies, but they did not receive a single crumb from us!



It would have been NICE if we had been closer to the bridge while this freighter was going under--I would have done a better job on the photography (perhaps) ... the picture below was using my zoom as far as it would reach.



We crossed the bridge somewhere around 5:30 I think ...
I shot these pictures through the car window ...


I love this bridge. I love the memory of walking on it! 

How thankful I am for these days with my brother. What a blessing it was to talk and talk and talk ... and laugh and joke around, and just have fun. David is very good at having fun.

We got home at about 10:15. David did all of the driving--I made him turn off the music and talk with me the last three hours of our drive because I didn't trust his heavy eyes not to close! Emma was waiting for us when we came home, and we had such a nice time sharing our trip with her. We had invited her to come too--in fact, we had practically begged her to come--but she said she just needed these days to rest. One of the best things that happened while David was here was the connection made with Emma. I was so thankful they could spend time together. We played two games of Parchesi--Emma won them both! We had many good conversations, shared meals, and just hung out together--THE BEST. 

It's been quite a roller coaster ride these past 30 days at the Beach House. Emma has been here with me all of these days, and we now have permission for her to be a temporary resident of mine. I'll do a post about it in a few days. 

1 comment:

David said...

Carol, I'm so happy that you and David got to spend that time together and that you had a wonderful time too! Your pictures are amazing (as always) and to hear how much fun you had was a bonus. We love you dearly. Perhaps this can be a yearly thing :) Love, the other Carol