Friday, September 10, 2021

September 5 Round Island Lighthouse

Sunday (continued):  I had really hoped to get some better pictures of Round Island Lighthouse this time up north, but it is difficult to get very close to it! I am not very skilled at using the zoom on my camera, but I knew that the ferries sometimes get closer going to and from the island and I was counting on some good pictures. 

These photos were taken from the shore of the island ... they are pathetic.


This one, I used the zoom--at least the picture isn't blurry, but the angle is the same as every other picture I have taken of this little lighthouse.


Reading this sign was interesting. I did not know anything about this lighthouse, and now at least I have some basic facts. 
I like this picture, mainly because of the sky and the colors ... but the lighthouse is just too far away.
I zoomed in for this one ... but it is a little bit blurry. Pooh.
This is the best picture I have taken of Round Island (below). David and I were on the ferry returning to Mackinac City at about 7:15 PM. Here is the kicker though: we were on the upper deck of the ferry, watching a storm come in over the Bridge. The sky was truly a sight to see, with the sun breaking through the clouds and light beaming over the water. I left our seats, crossed to the side of the ferry that was on the sunset side, and photographed the scene as best as I could. 

Meanwhile, completely unknown to me, our ferry was VERY CLOSE to Round Island. By the time I returned to my seat, we were already zooming past it! I could have gotten super close pictures! I was so disappointed. 

Oh well ... next time I will try to be more alert! I do really like this little lighthouse ...

No comments: