Thursday, September 9, 2021

September 2 David arrives

Thursday:  I've been counting down the days (and practically the hours) until my brother David was scheduled to arrive for a nice L-O-N-G weekend over Labor Day ... and it is finally here! 

I was supposed to pick him up at the Gerald R. Ford Int'l Airport at 10:50 AM or so, and I arrived in the "cell lot" at 10:45 and waited, and waited and ... waited. David said he would text me when his plane landed. I was reading a good book (!!), so I didn't mind the wait--but by about 11:20 or so, I began to grow concerned. Had his plane been delayed?

I texted him with that question--the text seemingly flew through cyberspace--and I settled back to my book. Five minutes later, having heard nothing back from David, I finally dialed his number--but the call would NOT go through! Drat!

Ah ... but then I read a little alert on my phone ... something about turning off airplane mode ... yikes. It turns out that David had arrived at the airport, had texted me multiple times and was out in front of the terminal waiting for me to pick him up, wondering what the heck had happened to me! Jeeps. I flipped my airplane mode to "off", quickly called him and zoomed on over to pick him up. Way to go!

I baked a double batch of chocolate chip muffins last night in anticipation of his arrival. David loves chocolate. It runs in our family.

I snapped a quick picture of David playing my piano. No music. Still plays like an angel. I could listen to him for hours.
Ruthanne and Terry came up for the afternoon too! It had been awhile since they had seen David. We all went out to Rockford for awhile, took a little hike, shopped at Aunt Candie's Toy Company, enjoyed the Rockford Dam, and ate dinner at ... I can't remember the name of the place! Ruthanne and Terry agreed to carport our Matey-Bird back to Detroit for a mini-vacation with his best friends, Alex and Gus. My niece, Shelley, sent me this picture of their reunion. So cute.
We have a lot planned for the next few days. I have HUNDREDS of pictures to edit and post. We had a really great time together.

No comments: