Thursday, September 9, 2021

September 3 Grand Haven

Friday:  Grand Haven is THE happy place for so many people ... ours too! Although, we have many other happy places, this one never ever disappoints. There is just something about walking the boardwalk and piers, chatting with the fishermen, gawking at the boats, breathing the air, soaking in the sun, listening to the wake ... all of it just can revive the soul! 

There is nothing particularly great about these photos ... but they do at least document our time together Friday. I neglected to take any pictures of downtown where we shopped--David purchased a very cool new stunt kite, and I got a Melissa & Doug Parcheesi Game with a Chess Board on the back of it ... PLUS I got a pull-back digger truck and dump truck! I'm going to make a little quary out of stones and beans for the kiddos to play with at my house.

This picture (below) does show how nicely the pier has been resurfaced. It really really NEEDED it. Now it is nice and smooth--no more cracks and dangerous holes!





I like the way the sun is causing the water to sparkle in the channel in this picture ... as well as the shadows on the shore. 
We watched a few seagulls fight it out for a fish that was laying on the pier ...




They fought it out for quite awhile! I'm not sure which bird got the prize.


The North Shore is my favorite place to take pictures. It's much quieter over here and pictures of the lighthouse are easier to take from this angle.




We left before the sun set tonight. David had to get some work done for his business--so we drove back to my place where we relaxed and enjoyed the evening.
Good-by Grand Haven!
 

No comments: