Friday, November 17, 2023

November 15 Young Callaghan

Wednesday:  Mr. Cal is a very engaging little person. He never stops surprising me with his antics! He is super friendly and so pleased to be at my house with me. It's quite a blessing that I will take while I have it!

We played and played and played today. It was so much fun.
Callaghan has a few favorite puppets around here--mostly he loves ROCKY (the kind of rubbery T-Rex). His second favorite it ALFREDO, the alligator you can feed. But lately, he's been kind of liking my two pig puppets: PACO and RAMONE (they are cousins ... the puppets).
Here he is making RAMONE do funny faces. He cracked himself up.
Cal likes my new couch! I do too. It's much sturdier than the old one and I think it will look nicer for a longer time--at least I hope so.
This is my very small rubber puppet that we've named BABY (he has a very deep voice too). We stuffed him into a Matchbox truck and zoomed him around the house for awhile.
Cal likes to watch LADY (our battery-powered engine) go around the track while he eats his lunch. Her battery was quite low today, so she needed a lot of help (mine) going up the bridges ... but I was able to accommodate while Cal ate his Mac 'n cheese.

We went back to the playroom for awhile. Today, Mr. Cal wanted to play with Baby James--so we did. The bedding on the bunk beds is very soft and comfortable. Cal can't resist taking a little "nap" when he feels how soft it is. He also enjoys the dinosaur blankets I got for Baby James.

Cal likes to "fake" his naps--they only last a split second and then ... !!!! he's AWAKE!
We read Mo Willems' "I'm a Frog!" today. Piggie is pretending to be a FROG, and poor Gerald (his best friend, an elephant) is very alarmed about the whole thing. Piggie wants Gerald to pretend to be a frog, but Gerald refuses! Finally, Gerald pretends to be a dog, much to Piggie's delight. When we were finished reading the story, I closed the book and showed Cal the cover. "What do you see, Cal?" I asked. "A big pink FROG!" he replied. So funny.
We played in MY room for awhile. For some reason, Cal LOVES to find my tiny stuffies and throw them all over my room. I try to discourage this, but ... Cal really really REALLY likes to throw things. These are at least soft and don't cause any damage!
We got out the Play-Dough and had quite a good time making stuff today. Little Cal LOVES to play like this.
He's actually quite intense about it. I watch him mold things and use his chubby hands--and it is apparent he gets a lot of pleasure out of this activity.





Can you see what I mean?!




What an interesting little boy you are, Cal! Your grandma loves these 1-on-1 times with you!

PS. I did see the other three kiddos today too, but I was so busy with them that I neglected to take any photos at all! We did some art stuff together, ate snacks, and just chatted about school for a little while. Kelly served us some "Euro-meat" pitas for dinner and it felt like I'd died and gone to heaven ... what IS that stuff anyway? Yikes. DELICIOUS. Kelly loaded up a ziplock bag with more meat and pitas and I took it home with me. Thank you!

No comments: