Friday, November 17, 2023

November 16 with Kaitlynn

Thursday: Who on earth is KAITLYNN? Well--she is my Kaity-Girl, that's who! I think Kaitlynn is a very pretty name, actually. Diana spelled it with two "N's"--and I don't blame her--how many people by the name of LYNN do you know who spell it using only ONE "L"? Anyway ... Kaity has grown up so much this year that I almost feel like I am ready to call her Kaitlynn every now and then.

We were invited to go to a school concert tonight over at the high school auditorium. Kaity's best friend, Kenzie, is in the 6th grade and sings in the Middle School choir. We went to my house first to eat our supper and hang out for a little bit ...

I showed Kaity the rather large-ish branch that fell out of my tree on top of my car port earlier in the day. The crash scared the bejeebers out of me! It sounded like the roof was surely damaged. My neighbor, Gloria, and I managed to get it down from my car port. Kaity decided it should be planted in the ground and become a tree of its own ...
But she couldn't get the hole deep enough for the "tree" to stand on its own ... so she reluctantly put it back on the side of the road for pick-up.

After we ate our meal and worked on the puzzle for awhile (I worked on the puzzle, Kaity played on her phone), we drove over to the high school. This is the first year that I can remember that they booked the concert in the way that they did. First to sing were the First graders. The auditorium was packed for their performance, which lasted about 20 minutes. It was really fun to watch these little kids perform. Their music teacher (I believe her name is Mrs. Haite) does amazing with lower grade children with motions and dance movements, etc. After their performance was finished all the people who came to hear that little group of singers, left the auditorium to re-unite with their students and then the stage got ready for the next group of kids to come on. 

I think the next group was the Middle School choir--I don't think another group came in before them--anyway, Kenzie is dead center front row (with her hands folded). She did such a good job! She knew the words and the music. They did a great job.

By about 7:30, they were finished singing and we left the school. Kaity and Kenzie had time before she sang to hang out in the choir room and hallway.

Kaity and I drove by Altitude on the way to her mom's house--but it was already 7:40 by then and it closes at 8:00. Kaity decided to pass on jumping for 20 minutes because there were only TWO jumpers in the entire place! The staff was sweeping and cleaning up, so we just drove over to Diana's. 

It sure was nice being with you tonight, Kaitlynn!

No comments: