Friday, November 10, 2023

November 8 with Young Cal

Wednesday:  Yikes. I almost cancelled today due to this persistent and relentless head cold--but I was determined! I prayed for strength and JOY for my day and received BOTH in large measure. So thankful the Lord hears us when we ask Him for His help. He isn't far away, after all!

We began our play today with some of our favorite puppets. This alligator is ALFREDO. Cal loves him because we pretend to cook special food for him with all of our fake food and then we feed him. You can open its mouth and actually push objects into its body, which makes it look like the food has been swallowed. Cal gets a real bang out of this. 

Cal decided to cook Alfredo up a nice batch of CRAB today ...
Look at this chunky, delicious little boy!
Cal was a tiny bit disturbed that there was no couch today--but I explained to him that the couch "broke" and had to be thrown away. I told him a new couch was coming tomorrow. That explanation satisfied him just fine. He was curious, though, about the color of the new couch and asked if it was going to be WHITE or BLUE? I told him it was going to be BLUE, just like the one I had that had broken. He told me that he likes blue very much--but I already knew that.
Here's Cal playing with some of the treehouse animals--mama bear and her baby cub ...

We played for quite a while today over by the window with the bird feeders. The birds are getting used to us being at the window and watching them. Cal really enjoys this. He gets really excited when a colorful bird shows up. He will smile a HUGE smile at them!
Here is Cal playing with Magni-Cubix (I think that's what these are called). He likes to build stuff with them. Today, he was very interested in finding all of the "trampoline" shaped ones and attaching them together to make ONE BIG TRAMPOLINE!


He also built a pretty cool castle. He was super pleased.





We played back in the play room for awhile too--mostly with CARS and TRUCKS and track, etc. Cal never gets tired of racing cars. 

Later ... at their house:

I've been bringing over a box with art stuff -- for after school relaxation. This is our 2nd or 3rd week of doing this and they are still really excited about it. AIDAN is super intense about drawing and writing. I love this so much about him. He is just FULL of ideas and has so much confidence, energy, and creativity--which brings a lot of happiness to him. AND ... he's very good at all of this.
Erin's interest in art has really grown this year. She's doing well in Kindergarten, learning to write her letters very well--and she is beginning to draw more and more too. I love children's art, don't you? It's so ... honest.
Dear Cal ... he's only three and a half but will NOT be put off if his siblings are enthusiastically involved in something. He is not going to be left out--no way. I watch Mr. Cal closely with pens, though. He doesn't always limit his artistic energy to paper ...

Dylan was home today--he took a much-needed vacation day. I was glad he could get a few hours to call his own today. It's a rare occasion as a parent! In this particular household, there is a LOT going on at all times. I would have a very difficult time keeping up with all of it on a daily basis. I'm glad I can help out on Wednesdays.

Lord--please give wisdom and patience to Dylan and Kelly, with the kiddos and with each other. And while You are at it, please help them trust You for the outcome of their hard work. And please, extend Your awesome mercy to awaken each young heart to grow to know and love You in exactly the way You deserve. 

No comments: