Saturday, November 11, 2023

November 9 with Kaitlynn

Thursday:  I picked Kaity up from her dad today and we had a rather exceptional time together! Why? Kaity requested that I get my WHITE BOARD out (it is being stored in a small space next to my clothes dryer) so that she could show me the math she is learning at school.

YES!

We did a bunch of long-multiplication problems, and Paco the Pig was even invited (by Kaity) to join us and help us with our multiplication tables (Paco is flawless with multiplication). We had so much fun!

While we had the white board out (and Kaity had excused herself to the bathroom), I took a pen and wrote 9 letters of the alphabet (3 rows of 3 letters) that had 4 vowels and 5 consonants. When Kaity came back to the table, I asked her to help me make as many words as possible out of those nine letters. Kaity was AMAZING! I was ... a little bit surprised, but VERY pleased. She was faster than I was!

And when it was time to eat our dinner, Kaity told me she really wasn't in the mood for a hotdog (our standard dinner 2x every week). I was a little thrown off by this and wondered what on earth I could offer her. She suggested a SANDWICH. She nearly knocked me over with that rather easy suggestion. Thankfully, I had fresh bread and yummy lunch meat (however, NOT the right kind of cheese KT likes), and she took out the mayo and all of the rest of the stuff and proceeded to make herself a rather delicious sandwich all without any help from me whatsoever. I went over to my tiny white board that I use for grocery item reminders and quickly wrote down "American Cheese slices" (this was specified by Kaity, although she just said, "the orange kind"). The cheese I ALWAYS by is Colby-Jack and that doesn't fly with Kaity.

After we ate our dinner, it was time to drive over to Altitude! At this point, Kaity had not been on her phone even ONCE. 

So, here is Kaity at Altitude:

Kaity's dear Altitude friend (Ayden) has not been around lately. He has been sorely missed by Kaity. Ayden is a very entertaining and amusing person. He does all kinds of stunts on the trampolines--most of them are just silly body movements and he makes the most hilarious faces as he does them. One of the things he really loves to do is to run and then do an almost hand-stand on the "islands" and kick his feet around like a frog. Kaity decided she needed to learn how to do this ...

Kaity worked at it for quite a while and made good progress. She cracks me up, though, and is so funny.

This one (below) was her best one yet (at least the best that I actually "caught" on camera).
These pictures were taken with my I-phone (which is a "6.5", not one of those fancy newer ones) and so are not the best quality.

It sure was nice to be with you today, Kaity-Girl. You are very much loved.

No comments: