Tuesday, November 28, 2023

November 23 The rest of the day

Thursday:  I asked Jesse if I could watch the Lions game over at his place this early afternoon. Jesse has a really good sound system and large screen TV--plus, he's a loyal Lions fan and knows all the vital stats, etc. I wasn't sure who else would be at his place, but I was delighted to find Christopher and Kaity watching the game too. I so rarely get to see Chris! And did I take a picture of him on this occasion? N.O. The game was already in progress (with the Lions losing) and it was an intense game from start to losing finish! Kaity was watching the game, but mostly she was wanting a lap (mine) to lay upon while she slept. This was very precious for me because Kaity is growing up super fast and doesn't often cuddle with me anymore. I love to cuddle. I had two solid hours of warm Kaity all snuggled up with me. It was heavenly.

Chris had to leave right around half-time to go over to Ella's. About 10 minutes after Chris left, Matt came! Wow. I was so blessed to be able to see him too! Everyone had to put up with my very loud protestations throughout this losing game. Try as hard as I might, I could NOT contain my distain!!

Dinner was planned at 4:00 over at Dylan and Kelly's; so after the game was sadly over, I said my goodbyes to these guys and drove on over to eat dinner. Kaity was pretty out of it while I was leaving ...

I only took TWO pictures over at Dylan and Kelly's!! It was too busy to do otherwise. Lots of delicious food (thank you guys) and lots of fun kiddos to play with.
Cal eats his pumpkin pie and whipped cream
with JUST the whipped cream ...

We ate our meal, and then I had such a nice time with Kelly cleaning up afterwards. Most of the kids went downstairs to play after they were finished eating. Their Aunt Shannon is staying with them for almost a week, a real treat, since she hasn't been to Grand Rapids in several years. So Kelly and I had the kitchen mostly to ourselves (except little Cal hung out with us too) and had the nicest talk as we were cleaning up. 

It was a very good day, truly one to give thanks for. 

No comments: