Sunday, November 5, 2023

November 2 Those DARN squirrels

Thursday:  I've posted pretty birds feeding outside my house on the little bird feeders I've installed, and there have ALWAYS been other critters quite interested in eating the bird food. But I was quite surprised the other day to find a full grown SQUIRREL helping himself to all the food and then crawling inside and making himself completely at home!

Hi there, Chumley ... please do NOT think this window bird feeder is for YOU.

Chumley isn't even a little bit shy ...
He is very good at manipulating his rodent body any which we he can to get whatever it is he wants ...
I watched him for quite awhile, enjoying himself hugely right outside my window ...

I walked away for a brief minute to rinse out a dish in the kitchen sink and when I returned to the window, here he was, sitting quite comfortably INSIDE the feeder, like he owned it.
That was a little over the top for me, so I banged on the window and he sailed away ...

Those DARN squirrels ...

PS  Kaity came over today too--but I didn't take a single picture of her! We did our usual stuff, and she jumped over at Altitude. I was too tired and my throat and head ached too much to care about photography. We did have a nice time together though!


No comments: