Tuesday, November 28, 2023

November 25 Gardens (cont)

Saturday afternoon (cont):  After we finished up with the reindeer, we walked around outside for a bit and decided to go to the Japanese Gardens. It was pretty COLD outside, so some of the kiddos were not very happy about being out in it; but they all did okay and we enjoyed a nice walk.




It's difficult to explain this little garden ... it's beautiful, truly it is--but it is man-made, which is okay--don't misunderstand me. But there are two "waterfalls" here (totally not natural) and lots and lots of gorgeous trees (God made those, no mistake), and it is a beautiful little place. It doesn't give me "thrills" like Lake Michigan does, or majestic mountains, or dear little birds that God created ... but it has its own beauty. Whoever designed it was an artist and had a true appreciation for beauty.

Here are Aidan and Erin exploring a little path OFF the main path. The last time I was here, I was alone (with my camera) and I did the same thing! Any off-path was a sure thing for me.


I love to watch children explore, don't you? They are so sweet, so curious, so happy outside.

Their little faces ...



Erin is posing for a picture Kelly was taking ... super sweet.
Our very dear Kelly ...
This is Aunt Shannon! I can't even begin to say enough nice things about her. She is such a joy to be around. I'm so glad she was able to come to town and be with everyone here for awhile.



Look at the ICE!!!!
Erin and I walked back to the conservatory together, hand in hand. Erin wanted me to take a picture of these bird feeders ...
Going from the 30's outside to the 80's inside fogged up my camera lens, so the picture below is a little misty looking ...
Erin, examining the beautiful ornaments ...
Aidan too ...

And then I had to get going! It was time to pick up Kaity from over at Jesse's ...

No comments: