Tuesday, August 16, 2016

To Emma on her birthday ...


Once upon a time (not very long ago actually), I dreaded that you would grow up. I wanted to keep you young, laughing, skipping into your grandma's arms. For years you were so far away, many miles, many states, no way to be with you as I longed to with all my heart. I am so thankful we do not have all of that distance any more.
I am not afraid of you growing up anymore, Emma. I have let you go and given you to Jesus. You are HIS GIRL, not mine. As we have studied stories about Jesus these last months, I have been so gripped by His love for both of us. I trust Jesus to take care of you, dear granddaughter.

This year, more than any other, you have become a close friend. I'm not sure exactly what has done this--perhaps just the fact that you and I understand each other and love each other just as we are. It is nice to be loved with a no-matter-what kind of love, isn't it?

So ... let's keep following the great God who made us, sweetheart. He will never leave us or forsake us. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. He is strong for us and loves us with an unending forever love. You are a gift to me, dear granddaughter, and I love you so  SO much.

No comments: