Friday, January 25, 2019

A Delightful Thursday

Thursday, January 24:  I picked Kaity up from school on a very snowy, slippery afternoon. We had tentative plans to come to my house for a tiny bit and then drive over to the high school to see Chris's home basketball game. However, the roads were deteriorating by the second as Kaity and I pulled out of her school parking lot ...
 ... so we cancelled our basketball plans and stayed put. I was sad to miss Chris's game, but it was really good to have a longer 1-on-1 with my Kaity-Girl. Last Thursday I was too sick to have her over, and then the week prior to that, we spent our entire Thursday time at the basketball game and really didn't get any special time here at the house. 

I could tell that Kaity was ready for some good play time tonight. She brought her baby doll (baby "Jo-Jo") to school today so that she could come over to my house and play with us. I should tell you something right now ... growing up, I absolutely hated playing with dolls! I would much rather play with a truck--probably because I had a brother 12 months older and his toys were a lot of fun. Having said that, though, we DID indeed play dolls last night, along with several of Kaity's favorite stuffed animals (mine). 

We played hide 'n seek for nearly an hour. This also is not my favorite game ... it gets a little tedious. But Kaity LOVES to play it and so ... we played! However, we were not hiding our own bodies, we were hiding baby Jo-Jo and then when it was MY turn, I was hiding baby Moses (!!) and Hildy (my stuffed hamster). This made hide 'n seek a bit more interesting, as there are many more tricky places to hide smaller objects around here. Kaity thought it was super great.
 Here she is tucking the baby puppies in, along with mama puppy. I was SO GLAD to see her play like this. She was kind and gentle, and she clearly enjoyed herself every single minute. I love it when children pretend stuff. This is good for Kaity! We did a lot of laughing too.

We also chased balloons around for quite awhile, which really cracks Kaity up. She especially likes it when I don't tie off the balloon for awhile and blast it off around the house. I only have so much wind in my lungs, however, so after blowing up a balloon about 25x, I just have to tie it up! I am so thankful for this time with this precious little person. I love you so much, Kaity-Girl.

No comments: