Tuesday, January 8, 2019

An artist in the making!

Monday, January 7:  We're back to Mondays being AIDAN DAYS. Christmas break is over and the older kiddos have returned to school. Little Aidan was all ready to jump in my car when I arrived this morning. He waved at me from his window and had a big, wide grin on his darling face.
This little guy loves to explore all over my little place. That's good. !!  I tuck away most everything that he isn't "allowed" to play with, so he roams pretty free around here. I did set up a little track layout for him to play with this morning because he just loves to play trains. He played for a very long time with this and came back to it again and again throughout his time here. He kept bringing different little cars and trucks from the back room to add to his fun AND he kept switching the little Brio people all around the train cars too.
 Aidan played with the Nativity set too and added in some horses just for the fun of it, making "neighing" sounds (quite authentic sounding ones too!).
 BELOW:  Aidan's horses were involved in some kind of Tom-foolery making all kinds of ruckus with the Wise men and baby Jesus ...

 Aidan ate TWO pieces of cinnamon toast (gluten-free, naturally) today, along with a few grapes, some of his pretzels and veggie sticks, his sesame crackers, and his chewy fruit snacks. Later in the day, he had one half of a waffle and some chips.
 When I picked Aidan up this morning, Dylan was apologizing for the "marks" that were kind of here and there on this little person. It seems as though he got into a box of markers and helped himself ... and since he couldn't find anything to write on, he wrote on himself. Dylan got his face pretty cleaned up, but his tiny hands were quite colorful!
 He climbed up on a chair at the table and pointed to my pencils and pens and paper ... SO ... I supplied each and every item he requested!
 Look at his pleased little face! 
 I have to tell you, Aidan kept this up for the better part of an hour. He was completely immersed in his drawings. As one paper would fill up, he would point for another ...
 He was oh-so-careful about putting the lids back on the markers, and let me tell you, there was NO marker lid this child cannot remove!

 I loved watching his intensity and his pleasure. He tried each and every color. If he only knew HOW MANY markers are hidden around here, he would flip out.

 BELOW:  Here he is surveying his art work ...
 He concludes (below) that it is VERY WELL DONE!  Of course, I was ooo-ing and ah-ing and telling him good stuff about his drawings ...
 Oh my word, Aidan--you are SO precious ... those faces you make are so expressive!
 I believe we have a tiny artist in the making ...

I love you, Aidan Paul. You brought such JOY to me today ... my heart was full to the top!

No comments: