Tuesday, January 22, 2019

The little joys of life ...

Monday, January 21:  Having been SICK all last week with an intestinal "bug", it sure was wonderful to once again welcome a little child into my house! I was lonesome! I had been exposed to this flu by every grandchild I possess for the past four-plus weeks, so it was inevitable that I would finally come down with it. I have an unusually fragile digestive system, so when I get an intestinal flu, I can take a pretty hard hit. Having said that, I'm well on the way to recovery and it sure was a relief to have Aidan over yesterday.
 Aidan is uniquely precious ... his little ways are so winsome. He is excessively EASY to connect with--like ZERO trouble with eye contact and TRUE relational JOY. He is such a funny little kid.
 I am finally finally FINALLY beginning to catch on to this gluten-free (+no eggs, dairy, peanuts) eating and have learned to make his pasta with a little bit of vegan butter (yuck), some garlic powder, served warm. Aidan is pretty good at the spoon thing, except he misses a LOT.
 Isn't he the most darling baby you've ever laid eyes on? Look at his beautiful little face. Yikes. I can hardly take it.
 This expression below was after he had spooned up an entire bite of pasta only to have it fall back into the bowl without a single strand entering his hungry mouth. He was a bit frustrated, so I got him a bigger spoon--which worked for one bite, but then the same problem. SO ... we tried a fork.

 A fork ended up being the magic utensil of the day. Whew. 
 We also had a piece of cinnamon toast. Look at that face of complete appreciation!
 You alsolutely kill me, dear dear Aidan Paul.
 The sweetness is almost an overload for this grandma.
 We did our share of playing throughout the day as well. Aidan was tired but would NOT let himself sleep even two seconds ...
 We played with our trains and our horses and our animals and books ...

... it was the loveliest of Mondays.

No comments: