Friday, January 11, 2019

A Quiet Evening ...

Wednesday, January 8:  Every other Wednesday, Brendan has an after-school appointment--so I don't pick him up until 4:15 or so and by the time we get to my house, it is close to 5:00. Tonight, we ate our usual dinner (Buttery Garlic Pasta Roni mixed with fresh steamed broccoli, chunk cheese and pretzels, and fresh baked banana bread), our standard Wednesday night fare. 
 Brendan was happy to see that I had gotten the LEGOs out so that we could do some building. This is a very basic LEGO set that I purchased for myself (!!) for Christmas so that I could do some building with Brendan. He is a very good LEGO builder and enjoys it very much.
 Tonight, we built a model camera (not pictured), as well as the excavator.
 But then we had to take a homework break--Brendan had to finish up his Word Search and then I had to read his history lesson to him about the Mycaneans. These guys were the very first to use horses in battle! They lived in the area of Greece, and they drove out the Sea People and I forget who else. Anyway, Brendan is VERY into his history stuff because he finds it extremely interesting. We got out my World Map to find Greece, the Mediterranean Sea, the Agean Sea, as well as Egypt and the Nile Delta (which they studied prior to this unit). Anyway, it was a nice quiet sort of evening together.


 We also read "Many Moons" and laughed at the pictures together ...

... and then we talked about the moon as we drove all the way home. It just happened to be a crescent moon and if we tried super hard, we could see the dark side that formed the circle. I loved these few hours with this precious grandson.

No comments: