Thursday, January 24, 2019

My treasure ...

Wednesday, January 23:  It's been TWO solid weeks since I've been able to have Brendan over ... it's super hard to NOT be with this little treasure of a person for that long. We had such a nice time together tonight ...
 Brendan wondered if he could add to Kaity's pictures on my window, and since I was due to clean the windows anyway, I let Brendan go ahead. He was busy drawing an Egyptian tomb with pathways in and out ...
 This was a totally serious endeavor on his part ...
 We did a lot of reading tonight, as always ... some of it just random stuff, but we read a complete book on all kinds of insects, with great close-up pictures of their many eyes, hairy bodies, etc.
 We also did a little bit of marble-run designing. Brendan made his first and then he helped me with mine. We were quite pleased with the result.

 Brendan is almost seven now ... just about 11 more days ... seven is STILL young, thankfully ... I don't want him to grow up too quickly ...
 When I picked him up from Trinitas this afternoon, he was excitedly telling me all about the snow fort they made out for recess. I was SO glad to think of these children ouside in the fresh crisp air of winter working together to make a fort. Isn't it a great thing to think about? Doesn't it just make you happy down to your toes?


On our drive home, I played some of my pretty music that I have conveniently downloaded on my phone and then miraculously the wifi on my car allows it to be played! Brendan engages with music very readily (as do all my kiddos), asking the titles to the songs, singing along whenever possible. 99% of my music is about the Lord, so it is a super blessing to sing praises while driving home ... carrying this little treasure back to his folks. There are times, when a song is very familiar to Brendan, that I get the distinct feeling that he is truly worshiping as he sings ... it is SO precious.Thank you, Lord, for such gifts.

No comments: