Thursday, January 31, 2019

On the street where I live ...

Thursday, January 31:  We've been under what they are calling a "polar vortex" now for about 48 hours, with about 20 more to go before we see temperatures once again in the teens ...
It's been incredibly beautiful ... breathtaking actually ... and I love it so much. In my younger days, I would have been deep in the woods with my camera ... but the last thing I need right now is to fall down and break a hip out in the middle of nowhere. However, with the sun shining this afternoon, it's all I can DO to stop myself from taking a hike!
 So far, I've once again shoveled my driveway clear of drifts and the damage the plow does at night ... so if I absolutely HAD to go somewhere, I guess I could.

 I love this time of year. I love the peace and quiet the snow brings. I especially love it when it has fallen snow on snow ... when it is fresh and brilliant and sparkling ...




 It's a good thing I don't mind living with myself ... because I have been VOID of kiddos all week due to most of W. Michigan being under a "state of emergency" with schools closed, etc. Hopefully, I'll get out tomorrow!
Goodbye, January! It's been nice to have you!

No comments: