Monday, January 28, 2019

Life is GOOD on the beach

Monday, January 28:  West Michigan is pretty much shutdown and has been all day, and might BE that way through Thursday! Oh well, NO problem when one lives on the beach ...
 I love it here at my Beach House, no matter the weather! Well, I'll stipulate that as long as I have power (heat, water, etc.) I am content to stay put and enjoy the quiet beauty.
 My little house looks very happy draped in white ...
 We received about SIX inches of new snow in the last 24 hours, at least out where I live (a little north of Grand Rapids). We are supposed to pick up another inch or two of lake effect tonight and THEN the huge arctic air mass is supposed to drop us into below zero temps into Thursday.
I've never liked the cold--I have to say that because it is the TRUTH. But I live in Michigan where it is cold at least HALF of the year, and so I accept that as fact and deal with it! I am presently triple layered in long-johns, wool leg warmers, wool socks, slippers, flannel pj's, a fleece jacket over two other shirts ... and I'm fine! 
 While I was out for the second shoveling job today, I took a 15 minute walk up the street to see what I could see ... 
 I'm glad I did! I do love the crisp air. A fresh snowfall is SO lovely, isn't it?
PS:  The downside, however, of being snowed in is that I did NOT have my Aidan baby today. All city schools were closed and for the most part, people were encouraged to hunker down at home. 

No comments: