Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Another Wednesday Sleepover!

Wednesday night, January 2, 2019:  I couldn't resist asking if Brendan could spend the night tonight. Afterall, it IS Christmas vacation. How many Wednesday nights can Brendan actually sleep here? Not many! SO ... take advantage of the ones we have, that's what I say!

So this is basically what transpired at our sleepover tonight. Brendan noticed the new PlayMobil set I had stashed away up on top of my file cabinet in the playroom. This set is officially Kaity's Christmas present, and so I don't have it out in the main play areas for just any old person (!!) to enjoy. But Brendan is NOT any old person ... he is a super precious child who is VERY CAREFUL with toys at my place. I got the set down for him and put it on the coffee table in the front room. He explored the whole thing, inside and out, while I was getting dinner ready for us.

We ALSO played with our puppets. Paco and Cocoa are everyone's favorites. Brendan requested that we get PhotoBooth up and make some funny pictures of these guys tonight--so we did that for awhile, as well as watching some pretty funny animals videos on YouTube. 

The tent has been set up in the playroom for a few days now and Brendan got ready for bed and slept there all night. We had a good time reading a few stories inside our cozy tent. We read Max Lucado's "Because I Love You." Brendan was VERY VERY into this story about Shaddai and the children he took care of, the beautiful place where they lived, and the wall Shaddai built to keep the children from going into the dark forest beyond. It's a really beautiful story of God's love, redemption, pursuit, forever love ... Brendan was so precious during the reading and SO worried it wasn't going to turn out OK. He was very happy at the ending.

Last week, we had read "The Little Drummer Boy" story together and tonight (before bed) we watched the video which matched the story book I had perfectly. Brendan LOVED it. He held the book in his lap as we watched the video. He was so pleased that the characters and drawings were the same.




Earlier in the evening, I shared with Brendan a biography I am reading about Joel Sonnenberg. I was sharing parts of the story with Brendan, and the book cover has a picture of Joel on it--his face is pretty disfigured by the fire accident that he lived through. Watching Brendan's precious response as I talked about the difficult life this person has lived just blessed my heart so much. I love that you have a sensitive heart, Brendan. I love that you care about other people. I love that you ask such good questions and listen so carefully. It is so easy to connect with you, dear one. I hope you will always be kind-hearted and tender in your soul to God's heart and plan for your life.

No comments: