Wednesday, January 16, 2019

A little piece of nostalgia

Monday, January 14:  This is the new science and technology building at Cornerstone University. What on earth does it have to do with me? Well, not much actually! However, a good and dear friend happens to teach here and he invited any who wanted to come see the building, to do so!
 This is the cornerstone of the building. I like it very much, "To the glory of Christ the Creator." How wonderful.
 "Let the waters teem with swarms of living creatures." Genesis 1   Yes. Very nice.
 I liked the aquarium, but I feel it would be better without fake plants ... just sayin'...
 If you look up, up, up (3 floors) from the foyer, you see this: "The heavens DECLARE the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork." Psalm 19.  Yes. SO TRUE.
 Read this:
 From the 3rd floor of the new building, looking out the back window, I could see my old college dorm. I lived in Ann Pickett during my sophomore year at college (Fall '72/Winter '73).

 Nice. Read this:

 I walked around the campus, since it was a nice (but cold) day ... there is a lot that has changed on this campus during the 47 years that have gone by. There are some lovely sculptures ...


 This one (below) cuts right to the heart, doesn't it?


 Another picture of the new science building ....
 These are some very poor pics of the windows inside Christ Chapel. There wasn't really any sort of chapel whatsoever here on campus until this was built only 2-3 years ago. It's really a very beautiful chapel.


 Below is Miller Hall where I lived my freshman year. Nothing changed about that whatsoever!
 This little gazebo stands where "the bell" used to sit ... couples would ring the bell to announce their engagement. Following that ringing, there would be a guessing game (with the engagement ring) for the ladies, and a dunk in the pond for the fellas ... oh.the.memories. And yes, I was engaged once at this very spot. Engaged. NOT, however, married to that dear fellow.
 Just down the hill from the new science building is Ann Pickitt Hall, where I lived for my sophomore (and last) year of college. I do have very fun memories of just walking that sidewalk from the Student Center with Robbie or Shirley, laughing until our sides split ... of walking by the pond ... of sharing life together.


I believe, but I am not 100% sure, that the 2nd window from the right was where Robin and I lived our sophomore year (it might have ben the 3rd window). Fond memories, even though unclear!

No comments: