Sunday, January 27, 2019

More playtime with Kaity

Saturday, January 26:  I didn't expect another one-on-one with Kaity so SOON ... Saturdays usually involve at least TWO of the kiddos ... but today, all of the teenagers had separate plans! 
 Kaity and I found a lot of stuff to play with. Kaity brought her baby Jo-Jo again, along with her "Bingo" stuffed puppy and we played a repeat of our hide 'n seek game, played more with our balloons, put together quite a few puzzles, and then we decided to create a lakeside camp site complete with water slide, personal pool (WITH water) ...
 ... an island, a sailboat, etc. and had all kinds of exciting adventures ...

 It's really good to see Kaity play like this ... she can be a real rough little kid sometimes ... but I think it's really more beneficial to actually PLAY with toys rather than just throw them around and produce chaos, don't you? 
 We also set up our railroad and had lots of fun making the layout together, helping trains that had gotten into trouble (with our rescue boat) ... and many other adventures.

 I had been ready to take Kaity home at about 7:00--which was about the same time Kaity realized we hadn't gotten the train stuff out in quite awhile. I debated for a quick second, but then it was almost like I got an AUDIBLE from the Lord telling me to STOP and listen to what dear Kaity's heart was saying ... she needed more play time!
 I rarely get such a LOUD and CLEAR directive from God ... so I listened and obeyed ... the reward was ... this! Getting to enjoy this little person for an extra hour tonight, laugh with her, engage her heart and mind ... what a treasure.


No regrets, Kaity. I'm GLAD you asked to play with the trains tonight. Thank you, Lord, for this sweet granddaughter.

No comments: